'Plea to Jim Drew!!'
Author:visualmess (registered user: 47 posts )
Date: Wed, Oct 24th, 2012 @ 14:01 ( . )

I have a 1541 drive that has finally died. In the drive, I had the Supercard Plus that I even added the 3 position toggle switch that you had posted wiring instructions on Q-Link that would allow you to have it on, off (for those pesky games that looked for it) and take a Snapshot of the Drives memory. I also had your Utilities Unlimited Digital read out device that would show the Track # and Density of the current disk being read or written to along with the Drive reset, Drive #8-9, and Write Protect Bypass switches. Here is my problem... I want to be able to hook that up to a working drive but no longer have the wiring instructions that came with it. I have taken pictures with a good DSLR camera to try and map the wiring harness to the proper chip location but that has become troublesome since at one time I hot glued those connections so they wouldn't pop off. So Jim, do you happen to have a copy of the instructions for this piece of hardware that you could send me? I can post pictures of the device if you can't remember what it was.

REPLY: [With No Quote] --- [With Quoted Text]

'Plea to Jim Drew!!'
Date: Thu, Oct 25th, 2012 @ 22:10 ( . )

Adding picture

Attachments:
1351217436_IMG_1437 (Small).JPG

'Plea to Jim Drew!!'
Author:JimDrew (registered user: 23 posts )
Date: Tue, Oct 30th, 2012 @ 17:32 ( . )

I don't have that information anymore. However, I do have one of these display units that I just found in my collection of stuff - no connected to a drive though. I will look and see if maybe I have the schematics somewhere along with a list of connection points, but I don't think so.

Wesley Wiese and I designed this unit. I know that Wes released schematics that can be found in the 8 bit search engine and other locations. It would be possible to trace the circuit board to determine the connection points for various drives.

'Plea to Jim Drew!!'
Date: Tue, Oct 30th, 2012 @ 18:17 ( . )

Thanks for the response... I have read on several sites that isopropyl alcohol and cotton swabs is what you can use to remove dried hot glue. I am going to try that then map the connection points at least for the 1541 drive I have it attached to. I will then post my findings.

'Plea to Jim Drew!!'
Date: Tue, Oct 30th, 2012 @ 20:51 ( . )

The alcohol worked like a champ. The attached pic shows where 8 of the pins were hooked up to. Notice I inserted a better pic of the small chips hookup. There were 3 other leads I didn't have hooked up and I am guessing 2 of them were for the device 8-9 switch since I already had one. Not sure about the other.

Attachments:
1351644659_IMG_1445 combined.jpg

--- 0 Users Online --- 0 Recent Unique Posters

Q66=1660238042 - Threads: / 1660238042