'Any Kryoflux experiences made yet'
Author:Lord Crass (guest: search)
Date: Thu, Dec 01st, 2011 @ 23:16 ( . )

Another benefit is exact reproduction of sync lengths. This was a major weakness when using a 1541 to read disks, although with some special routines it would be possible.

REPLY: [With No Quote] --- [With Quoted Text]

Author:IFWSPS (guest: search)
Date: Fri, Dec 02nd, 2011 @ 12:56 ( . )

Hi All,

1, You can dump the flipside of a disk, if you don't care about the original alignment (e.g. demo, scene, work etc disks) using a fake index signal, that's a very simple circuit. You obviously need to flip the disks though.
For authentic imaging you do need a modified drive that can seek to track -8.
The disk does not have to be flipped, it can be imaged in a single pass automatically.
This is exactly how the games were duplicated in the first place.
This is not a limitation of KryoFlux, it is how PC drives work - the index signal is required to regulate the drive speed, detect that a disk is inserted (after two index signals passed within a period) and enable the output on the READ gate.

2, You may use the existing tool coded for g64 conversion (I don't have or use it, but I am sure the author would be happy to post it), or if there is enough interest I'll add g64 output to the official host software - but right now I have a very busy schedule :)

3, The KryoFlux host software can detect modified c64 disks and fully verify a lot of formats during dumping - and more is being worked on.

Cheers,
IFW

Author:RJMcInty (registered user: 2 posts )
Date: Fri, Dec 23rd, 2011 @ 23:10 ( . )

IFW (as if you didn't already know this): I'm keenly interested in STREAM -> .G64 conversion. :^)

I'm going to try to reach out to the person (Zer0-X) on c64.org to see if I can get a copy of their conversion utility, but, ideally, I'd love to see it be part of DTC.

I'm happy to test out any other solutions people come up with as well.

Cheers!
Robert

Author:hyper active (registered user: 296 posts )
Date: Thu, Jan 12th, 2012 @ 00:34 ( . )

Hey Markus. Could you attach all the disks you've done with kryoflux in .nib format?
Thanks.

--- 0 Users Online --- 0 Recent Unique Posters

Q71=1653265277 - Threads: / 1653265277