'Legend OF blacksilver'
Author:Joe Smith (guest: search)
Date: Thu, Oct 18th, 2007 @ 17:37 ( . )

Lord Crass, there are two types of 1541-2's its easy to tell the difference from the front, the direct drive model has a thicker lever on the front from front to back, and is recessed in the moulding, and does not have any adjustment for speed control. The belt drive model has a thinner lever that is not recessed into the front bezel, is a newtronics mech, and has the speed control on the top of the mech, just like a lever 1541 drive does.

I also have a 1571 that has been modified to control the speed of the direct drive motor. It involves soldering two wires to a potentiometer, and a switch to un-connect it. I sent all of this to womo. send me a email and I will dig out all the pictures I sent him about it, I havent tried to see if it can be retro'd into a direct drive 41-2. A lot of the traces are under the magnet spindle assembly on the bottom and you cannot see much, I might pull it apart and hopefully not damage the spindle assembly and see if I can tac some small wire onto some points and do some testing. (Would be nice to finally come up with a solution for these drives since Software Support never did, or neither Did Free Spirit

Been playing around with a enhancer 2000 drive, strange I have two flavors a brown and a white one, the brown one has a copy of 2.6 CBM does, but still is not very compatible, and the white one has Enhancer 2000 v2.0 dos, same thing, but the brown one has almost the same dos as whats in a Excelerator plus drive, there is only 8 byte difference, but the Excelerator dos wont work in the Enhancer even after building a adapter to switch dataline D3 and D4 to decode it correctly, it just flashes its led light, I have a valid dump of the Excelerator dos, so I put a 1541-2 rom into the Enhancer 2000 and now it loads Defender of the Crown finally, and seems to work on all the other V-max and Vorpal ramboard copier needed based games. And I dumped the Jiffydos for the first time for the Excelerator plus FSD-2 and not getting garbage. The brown one has a bad 2k sram, gets hot hot hot!, so I am going to socket it, and put a different sram chip and see if that fixes it tonite.

bluebirdpod@yahoo.com

REPLY: [With No Quote] --- [With Quoted Text]

Replies:
--* DOTC V1
10/25/2007 @ 16:15--Joe Smith

--- 0 Users Online --- 0 Recent Unique Posters

Q39=1664441695 - Threads: / 1664441695